Friday 25 March 2016

Skyrim - Mighty Disguised Vampires



Description

"Oh look there's the vampire! It's the one in hooded black robes, got glowing red eyes and a harelip..."

This mod makes disguised vampires mighty and therefore less of a yawn every time they cross your path and more covert. Disguised vampires level with player and have much more health, magicka and stamina, their attacks are more deadly and they all have leveling vampire spells and all show up as undead with the detect life spell. Other than the roadside vampires the disguised vampires do not look obviously like vampires, they wear suitable clothing and don't have red glowing eyes. It never made sense to me that we are supposed to believe no one else could see there was something up with the glowing eyes...

Changes Disguised Vampires:

Traveler
Traveling Bard
Traveling Merchant
Traveling Pilgrim
Visiting Advisor
Roadside Vampires
Sybille Stentor
Hert
Hern

File cleaned with TES5Edit.

You can also use TES5Edit to view the changes in detail, adjust or remove parts that you don't like...

Let me know what you think...

=================================================

Download

Mighty Disguised Vampires v1.04

=================================================







=================================================

7 comments:

  1. I just want you know, I really love a lot of your mods. But, this one in particular breaks the Man Who Cried Wolf quest, which prevents players from buying Proudspire Manor. I don't know why, but it doesn't like Sybille Stentor being messed with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be specific, when approaching the Blue Palace, you'll often see Varnius Julius leaving the Palace in Solitude's streets. After entering, the whole court intro scene never triggers, everyone just stands around. I tested it quite a few times and I'm pretty positive it's this mod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up. I have just tried out the initial part of Man Who Cried Wolf quest from a early game clean save and Mighty Disguised Vampires installed and had no problem with the quest triggering. Without being able to recreate your problem I'm not sure I can help all that much. Have you tried testing with Mighty Disguised Vampires uninstalled or removing Sybille Stentor from my mod using TES5Edit? I can't imagine my mod being the cause as it doesn't touch anything to do with quests... I hope you find the cause AngryToasterOven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I tested it multiple times with a light load order and heavy order with Mod Organizer. After removing Mighty Disguised Vampires, everything is fine, Varnius does his little speech and the courtroom plays out as normal. After installing this mod, Varnius will be seen leaving the Blue Palace in the Solitude streets and the courtroom stagnates.

    The wiki pages also mentions Sybille, stating:

    "Killing Sybille Stentor (the only courtier present who is not essential) also seems to remedy this."

    So whatever it is, Sybille seems to be sensitive to this quest. I tried the remedies the wiki page mentions, btw, and none of them worked.

    I'll try your suggestion of removing the record changes to Sybille in TES5Edit because I do like the beefed up incognito vamps and don't want to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, forgot to link the wiki page. Bug section at the bottom:

    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Man_Who_Cried_Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uploaded a version with all Sybille Stentor changes removed. I'll check out the Wiki after I have some sleep. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B297M_-UOeUsNmo4MEhxZl9GWTA/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is widely recognized video game that works through an open world commands for skyrim, and action role-playing genre. Bethesda Game Studios developed it, and Bethesda Softworks published it to a broader audience.

    ReplyDelete