Wednesday 13 April 2016

Skyrim - Alva's House Player Home



Description

Makes Alva's House into a player home to be used after finishing the Laid to Rest quest.

Reworks all lighting to be as realistic as possible.
Clears away some of the unnecessary and annoying items (baskets and hay bales being the most annoying).
Changes house and cellar to 'No Reset Zone' so storage is safe (always check for yourself).
Adds two cupboards, alchemy and enchanting workbenches to the cellar.
Adds secret entrance around the rear of the property for sneaky players.
Player can use cellar coffin to sleep (for vampires).
More storage.

Maybe some other things I've forgotten about...

=================================================

Installation

1) Place Alva's House Player Home.esp .bsa and .bsl into your Skyrim data directory folder.
2) Set the load order (after any lighting mod if you have one).
3) You need the key from either Alva or Hroggar. It is probably best you kill both and loot the key (those who can't obtain the key use player.additem 00070E80 1)


=================================================

Lighting Mod Compatibility (Important)

If you use this mod with a lighting mod that replaces or changes the Alva's House cell lighting, you may have to remove those edits from your lighting mod with TES5Edit and place this mod after your lighting mod in your load order. If you do not take out the lighting cell edits you will have too many lights for the Skyrim engine to handle.

Cell to remove from your lighting mod:

FormID / Cell

Block 6 Subblock 4
MorthalAlvasHouseCellar "Alva's Cellar" [CELL:0010CEEA]

Block 7 Subblock 9
MorthalAlvasHouse "Alva's House" [CELL:000138E1]


=================================================

Download

Alva's House Player Home v1.0

=================================================







=================================================

3 comments:

  1. Martin:

    I'm going to try this out on the playthrough I'm doing now. I was wondering though if you've accounted for killing Alva and/or Hroggar in the house - to make sure their dead bodies get cleaned up.

    I can usually get Alva at Movarth's Lair, but Hroggar is always in the house, no matter when I break in to get Alva's journal.

    I'm only asking, because I had a problem with a Severin Manor mod where one of the NPCs involved in the quest didn't have a dead body cleanup script attached to them to account for being killed in the house.

    The author had forwarded the cleanup script for one NPC from the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch, but not the other - so, I had to disable the body.

    I was told later on that this can cause save game bloat, since the body is never actually removed from the game. So I don't use that house mod any more, because the mod author quit modding Skyrim and never fixed the problem.

    Anyway. Just checking. On a new game. So I won't be doing this quest right away, but thought I should ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy.

    I haven't added cleanup scripts to Alva and Hroggar as I didn't think it would be an issue. I wouldn't have thought it would be much of a problem and I'm sure the only bloat would be one or two bytes like any recorded change to Skyrim. I usually would just disable any body hanging around too long if I'm using a home mod like this one. Usually its faulty scripts that cause bloat.

    Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm late to the party finding this but, in the picture it shows the coffin still in the house, but when I downloaded the mod, there was no coffin. ???

    ReplyDelete